Diamond Circle Tour (From Akureyri or Lake Myvatn)
Discover the incredible Diamond Circle of North Iceland with an experienced local tour guide. This tour uncovers the natural beauty of the utterly unique landscape of Northern Iceland. As we travel through the diverse glacial and volcanic geothermal areas we visit top attractions including the amazing Dettifoss waterfall in Vatnajokull National Park and an opportunity to enjoy the GeoSea Geothermal baths.
This great value tour includes
- Small group guarantee with an experienced Local Tour guide and Transport
- Pick up from Akureyri or Lake Myvatn at your Hotel, Guesthouse, Airport or Port
- Flexbile drop off, choose to be dropped off in Akureyri or Lake Myvatn or Husavik.
- Eyjafjordur; we drive along the longest fjord in Iceland on the way to Godafoss (Akyreyri Departures only)
- Godadoss waterfall, the famous 'Waterfall of the Gods' (Akureyri Departures only)
- Lake Myvatn area for photo stops, a lake formed 2300 years ago by a basaltic lava eruption
- Dettifoss Waterfall, Europe's most powerful waterfall
- Selfoss waterfall
- Vatnajokull National Park, a vast national park covering Europe's largest glacial ice cap and surrounding areas.
- Jokulsargljufur Canyon and River carved in epic floods from the Vatnajokull glacier
- Hljodaklettar Echo Cliffs fantastic basalt hexagons
- Asbyrgi Canyon a horseshoe canyon on the Arctic coastline with 100 meters high walls
- Tjornes Peninsula Cliffs where Puffins nest in the summer and is famous for dating back to the end off the ice age. View over öxafjord
- GeoSea Geothermal Sea Baths (optional add-on, entrance fee not included), a wonderful geothermal infinity pool over looking the bay of Skjalfandi. Use the bath, relax and enjoy view or take a walk through Husavik harbour where you can find resturant or cafe. (please note food, drink and entrance fee are not included in the price)
- Husavik Village famous for whale watching and small boat harbour
|Best price guarantee|
|No hidden costs|
|Minimum age: 3 years|
What is included
Guided tour, Small group, Transport, Pick up and drop off
- Warm clothing and extra layers
- Water bottle
- Packed lunch if you do not want to buy food on the tour.
- Walking shoes/boots (suitable for snow and ice if weather necessitates)
- Swim suit and Towel for GeoSea bath (can be rented)
- ID if discount needed at the GeoSea baths